- Wed, 12:27: "Why do you always rag on me about putting the plastic wrap in the garbage?" Uh, bc you never do it. Look, there's some on the counter :/
- Wed, 14:49: Some of these... man. TW: "23 Creepy Unsolved Mysteries" http://t.co/mp5JkAg5qN
- Wed, 14:51: You're welcome. "7 True Stories of Animals Rescuing People" http://t.co/Tv3dusbDfI
- Wed, 15:29: Where can I watch Darkwing Duck; Duck Tales; Tale Spin; and Tiny Toon Advenures? "Let's get dangerous!"
- Wed, 23:30: Getting a new computer is like getting the taste of a new life. It's hard to set things up at first, but once you're done it's refreshing
- Thu, 00:25: I want to see "Song of the Sea." It's got great ratings and it looks beautiful. Like a painting come alive. http://t.co/KQ9XSzA4nE
Jun. 18th, 2015
There's a few things happening in my life at the moment.
I was given a new laptop on Tuesday and I spent the whole night and most of yesterday transferring files and arranging my personal settings. Things still aren't the way I would like them, but they're getting there.
The hardest thing is getting used to Windows 8. It had me cursing in frustration at first -- especially when I accidentally misspelled my email address during sign up and there was no way to go back and correct things. I nearly tore my hair out in a rage over that one.
Still, having a new computer is awesome and I'm happy to have it.
So for Father's Day, I'm writing my dad a science fiction thing. He's never read anything I've written, as I'm secretive as fuck, but whatever. I'm not using any of my writing names on it, so he'll be able to brag as he'd like with no worries.
(Seriously, there's dozens of things he's not down with. The kindest term is to say that he's "old fashioned" and he spent his childhood either in Kansas or in a family that would never be described as accepting of other cultures and races. There are times when he expresses views that make my eyebrows touch my hairline. Which means he would never be accepting of the things I write or basically of me.)
I'll be writing him a story that's basically sci-fi for old white guys. You'd probably not like it, though who knows.